What is Bitwarden?
Bitwarden is a free, open-source password management service that stores sensitive information in an encrypted vault, such as website credentials.
How to use Bitwarden
Step 1: #
Download the application through the internet browser specifically Google Chrome in Google Play Store or App Store. Also, Bitwarden can also be accessed through your internet browser extensions to automatically fill out forms online.
Download link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bitwarden-free-password-m/nngceckbapebfimnlniiiahkandclblb?hl=en
Here are below guidelines on how to access Bitwarden through a browser extension:
- Look for the shield logo of the Bitwarden extension. Extensions are typically displayed to the right of your search bar.
- Log in to any page you usually visit. A Bitwarden prompt will appear, asking if you want to save your credentials. To save the new credentials to your Bitwarden vault, click “Yes, Save Now.”
- For browser extensions, you can use keyboard shortcuts to fill out login information automatically. You can use this keyboard shortcut in your browser to auto-fill.
- Windows users: Ctrl + Shift + L
- Mac users: Command + Shift + L
- You can also use the Bitwarden extension to have it auto-fill passwords for you.
Step 2: #
Once the app is opened, log in with your username and master password. (Keep in mind that this is the only way to access your vault.)
Here are below guidelines on how to add log-in accounts in Bitwarden:
- Look for the Bitwarden extension’s shield logo. Typically, extensions are displayed to the right of your search bar.
- Go to the My Vault tab and click the Add icon.
- Select which type of item to create (in this case, select log-in)
- Fill out the required information for this login, ffg:
- A name to help you easily recognize it (for example, WordPress).
- The username.
- The current password.
- Enter the URL where you log in to the account (for example, https://www.wordpress.com/wp-admin) in the URI 1 field.
- Select a folder from the Folder dropdown. If you’re following the example, choose the Login folder.
- Then, to proceed, click Save.